SefotechNut Logo


European MSc Degree in
Food Science, Technology and Nutrition

Visa information (general)

As soon as an official decision from the European Commission is known, students will be sent an admission letter. This letter together with other supporting documents should be submitted to the relevant Embassy in a country of residence in order to obtain a visa. Additionally Chinese students planning to study in Flanders will have to obtain a certificate of academic screening issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS) before they apply for a visa (for details see Procedures/Accepted students). All students commencing the course in Belgium should apply for Student Schengen visa (type D) for long term stay in Embassy or Consulate of Belgium in a country of their residence. More information on Schengen visa can be found here.

Once students are in the country and the decision which optional modules to follow is made, they should apply for visa for relevant country from the place of their temporary residence (Belgium). If Schengen visa is awarded in the first instance students may freely travel within the Schengen area that covers, between others, Germany and Portugal but they require a separate visa for Ireland.


This European MSc. degree programme has been selected under the Erasmus Mundus II framework for five consecutive course editions for the period 2010-2014 (agreement no. 2010-0115).
Newsletter   Partners only